What is Brilliant?
Brilliant's objective is to motivate and grow people in STEM fields, one person, one question, and one little learning commitment at a time.
They allow exceptional teachers to use bite-sized, engaging learning opportunities to highlight the essence of mathematics, sciences, as well as engineering. Their classes delve into the laws that govern our universe, transforming math and science from a dreaded chore to a pleasurable journey of discovery.
Brilliant cultivates a culture of continuous learning based on investigation, creativity, and a willingness to experiment. All of their courses are created with the following learning ideas in mind:
- Neglect and disengagement are the two biggest obstacles to learning.
- Inquiries and stories that pique people's natural curiosity are preferable than the threat of an exam.
- Proactive learning is more effective than rote memorization. It's not enough to just watch a video.
- It's either use it or lose it: it's critical to put what you're learning into practice as soon as possible.
- A network that pushes you and encourages you is priceless.
- What you are smart enough to learn is not determined by your generation, location, or sexuality.
- The finest students allow oneself to make a lot of mistakes on their way to mastery.
- Understanding what to ask is the pinnacle of a great education, not knowing all the answers.
Is Brilliant Worth It?
Brilliant.org is a one-of-a-kind virtual learning environment that wonderfully gamifies complicated idea understanding. For math and science learners, the mix of high-quality programs, unique instructional structure, combined with beginner-friendliness makes it interesting. Nevertheless, it only offers STEM subjects, and the monthly payment schedule is kind of expensive.
The platform provides an engine for new Brilliant members that determines the optimal learning paths for them. You can choose between being a student, an expert, an enthusiast, or a family or instructor. Brilliant then selects the most appropriate programs and assignments for your requirements.
We think that even though you will have to invest some sort of money into learning from this platform, it will definitely be worth it considering the offerings that it has to make.
Is Brilliant Legit?
Brilliant is a forum where determined youngsters exchange math and physics problems and develop solutions, which parents should be aware of. There are some security risks, as with any online forum, but it's generally a secure place for math nerds to challenge each other and learn from their peers.
Brilliant's target audience is diverse, ranging from 10 to 110 years old! It's ideal for anyone who wants to improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as those who enjoy mysteries, obstacles, and quizzes. Also beneficial to anyone who has had difficulty learning STEM subjects through more traditional means.
As far as the concerns about Brilliant being legit arises, we can guarantee that it surely is a legitimate website, perfect for all the STEM geeks out there.
Is Brilliant Safe?
In common parlance, their courses are aimed to make math, physics, and computer science enjoyable and engaging for students aged 10 to 110. To comply with COPPA, they do demand you to be 13 years old or older to have your own account. Overall, it is a really secure place from which to learn.
Most of the reviews of Brilliant were inclined towards its positive aspects, which is why we have added a few of those to help you understand how important and useful this website can be for your kids.
- Brilliant is a well-designed website that is simple to use. It allows children to tackle issues at their own pace while receiving quick feedback from others who share their enthusiasm for math and physics. They'll love the options they have — they get to choose the challenges that interest them.
- Brilliant has taught me mathematical ideas that I previously failed to understand through its entertaining and well-structured lessons. I am now more competent in addressing technical job interviews as well as real-world problem-solving scenarios.
- COVID forced me to drop out of college during my final semester, and this programme has been a lifesaver. Everything is taught at your own pace, and you are able to choose any subject that interests you on any given day. The lessons are short and simple, with useful explanations for when anything doesn't make sense. I would give it a 10/10!
- It was an easy and quick approach for me to review existing subjects and understand them more thoroughly in preparation for a crucial exam I have coming up. Without a doubt, I suggest it!
Competition of Brilliant
There is no doubt a number of websites similar to Brilliant available in the market, however, none of them can compete to its high standards. A few of such websites are Skillshare, Udemy and PluralSight.