The world we live in today, has evolved into a digital world. Technology has boomed and so have the demands of market. People are looking for ways to better algorithms and develop artificial machines that are capable of performing tasks without the help of a human.
This has made people competitive. Everyone is looking to improve their skill set. And rightfully so, the market demands have made it clear that for a job, you need to be the best in your field. People are polishing their skills and learning new knowledge every day.
Students or professionals that have a little time on their hands prefer an online course rather than sitting for hours in a classroom. This has brought up many learning platforms into action. One of such online learning platform is the Pluralsight. There are other well known sites as well like the CBT nuggets. It is a popular one and there are many people who are already aware of it.
We make some money when you purchase a product from a link on our website. If you found the content helpful, please use the link to get to the chosen provider of your choice. It doesn’t cost you a thing and it helps us put out great content. The money involved does not effect the ratings of any given product or service, we just link to an affiliate if there is one available after we write the article.
For those who are just starting off with an online based learning and want stuck between making a choice, you should read on to see some of the advantages and disadvantages of both these platforms. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will know which one is best for you.
Pluralsight provides quality learning experience to its users at affordable monthly subscription bills. You can cancel your subscription after a few months if you are done learning. This is better than annual subscription. You can also sign up for free trail to check if learning through Pluralsight is the right option for you. Take a look at what Pluralsight has to offer.
- You get an inventory of courses with affordable monthly rates.
- The courses are of high quality and advanced content. These courses teach you the skills that increase your chances of getting a good job in a competitive market.
- This website also provides you with an assessment at the end of the course to check your understanding. If you are able to pass this graded assignment, you are given a certificate of completion. You can add it in your portfolio.
- The courses that are taught at this platform are by top industrialists. These are some of the top rated professionals.
- The best thing about online learning is that you can repeat a course multiple times until you have grasped the concepts. This is not like your traditional classroom where you are on your own if you miss something.
- If you are faced with a problem, you can email or even call their customer support.
- Another option provided by Pluralsight is the option to learn through the comfort of your mobile screen. The mobile application is very interactive and gives the same experience as the web based platform. You can now learn anywhere and at any time.
As with anything, there are a few disadvantages associated with this platform. Some of them are discussed below.
- The platform only provides courses that are technical. Other topics are not covered. If you want to learn skills in a technical domain, this might be the best website you can come across. But if you are looking to improve your skills in some other domain, this is not the one for you.
- The topics covered are in depth and very advanced. This makes it difficult for the beginners to grasp the basis. If you are a beginner and learning a new skill, you should consider a website that is a little easier. But if you are looking to a refresher, you should definitely sign up at Pluralsight.
- Some videos have a poor audio. Although they are working on betterment.
CBT Nuggets features:
CBT Nuggets is an online platform. In terms of rating, it is on the same line as Pluralsight. There are a few difference between these two platforms.
- This web based platform gives you video demonstrations of the topic you want to cover.
- The professionals that teach the courses on this website are some of the top industrialist that have knowledge regarding the problems faced by the industry today.
- This learning platform provides video content on a large variety of topics from networking, security and much more.
- There are quizzes and exams that insure that you have grasped the core concepts of the topic you are studying.
- There are virtual labs where you can put your knowledge to test.
- There are some of the most advanced courses present at your disposal like Cisco and Microsoft courses. This web based learning platform is popular for these courses as well.
This platform is a hit and miss. Sometimes you can come across a course that is the best out there taught by amazing instructors. Other times you might come across one that is boring and does not give you the knowledge you come looking for.
Pluralsight and CBT nuggets are both commonly compared with one another and have received about the same rating from IT professionals. Pluralsight gets its edge because it is mentioned three times more than CBT nuggets. This makes Pluralsight a more popular option.
When it comes to technical courses and projects, Pluralsight is mentioned to have more projects than CBT nuggtes.
If you are still confused and wondering if Pluralsight is worth your time and money, the simple answer to this question is yes. This is one of the most popular and advanced learning platform out there. You can get certification to show that you have indeed polished your skills using this platform.